Assisting senior citizens and their families to preserve an independent lifestyle and promote healthy, successful aging.
Centers are open:
Monday – Friday
8am – 4pm
- Daily congregate lunch served Monday-Friday at five Lincoln County Senior Centers
Capitan, Carrizozo, Corona, Hondo and Ruidoso Downs.
- All meals meet 1/3 DRI nutrition guidelines.
- Home meal delivery available for elderly or frail seniors Monday-Friday.
- Weekend meal delivery for the homebound.
- Transportation available for local and out of town medical appointments.
- Programs designed to prevent isolation and build community may include arts, crafts, games.
- Health programs include flu shots, blood pressure and nutrition screening.
- Encourage community volunteerism.
Capitan Senior Center
412 Tiger Drive
Crafts Wed 10am-12
Pool Tournament 10am 1st Friday of the Month
Pool Practice daily 8am
Carrizozo Senior Center
406 Central Avenue
Corona Senior Center
Donuts Wed 9am
Hondo Senior Center
Highway 380, MM 107
Pool Tournament 10am 2nd Friday of the Month
Ruidoso Downs Senior Center
26337 US HWY 70
Pool Tournament 10am last Friday of the Month
Lunch served Monday-Friday from noon -1:00
Ruidoso Downs extended lunch hours 11:00 – 12:30
Reservations Recommended by 10am
Suggested “donation” of $2.00 per meal for participants 60 and over
We Gladly Provide the Following
- Onsite Meals
- Home Delivered Meals
- Recreational Activities
- Medical Transportation
- Assisted Transportation
(handicap accessible vans available)
- Homemaker Services
- Health Promotion
- Nutrition Screening
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Salvation Army Commodities at specific sites
- AARP Tax Assistance
- Health Insurance and Benefit Assistance Corps
- Social Security Assistance
- Medicare Assistance
- Medicaid Assistance
- Housekeeping and Errands
- Information and Assistance
- Arts and Crafts
- Exercise Videos and Equipment
- Recreational Trips
- Pool Tournaments
- 1st Friday of the Month – Capitan Senior Center
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month – Alamogordo Senior Center
- 2nd Friday of the Month – Hondo Senior Center
- 3rd Tuesday of the Month – Tularosa Senior Center
- 4th Friday of the Month – Hondo Senior Center
More information regarding Senior Services can be gathered from the following resources:
New Mexico Aging and Long Term Services Department
2550 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
Eastern NM Area Agency on Aging Incorporated
901 West 13th Street
Clovis, New Mexico 88101