Rose Ann Romero
P.O. Box 68/300 Central Ave.
Carrizozo, NM 88301
Solid Waste Billing Office
(575) 648-2385 ext. 102
Residential Garbage Collection:
Lincoln County Solid Waste has contracted with Sierra Contracting beginning January 1, 2016 for the pickup and disposal of solid waste for residents outside of the municipalities of Lincoln County. Most dumpsters and compactors will remain in their same locations.
Do not put the following items in your garbage: (This includes poly-carts, trash compactors and trash dumpsters.)
- Computers and TVs
- Motor Oil
- Hazardous Waste including Paint
- Needles or syringes
- Yard Waste
- Loose or hot ashes
- Animal Carcasses
- Non bagged packing pellets or sawdust
- Concrete, rocks, dirt, or other heavy/bulky items
- Always bag cat litter and animal waste
Poly Cart Guidelines
- Poly- cart customers in Palo Verde subdivision will be picked up on Monday mornings after 8:00 a.m. Poly- cart customers in Ranches of Ruidoso Valley Estates will be picked up after 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday mornings.
- All poly-carts must set on the edge of the roadway on flat level ground with the front of the poly-cart facing the road. (lid opening is the front) The lid must be unlatched for the truck to empty.
- Poly-cart lid must be closed.
- Do not place poly-cart within six (6) feet of another poly-cart, a fence, telephone pole, power line poles or any other standing structures.
- Do not place poly-cart under any electrical lines or overhangs.
Do not place poly-carts in ditches or trenches.
- If you are unsure of the proper location for poly-cart placement, please call Lincoln County Solid Waste and we can have the proper location marked for you.
- If any trash other than bagged household garbage is in the poly-cart, (i.e. yard waste, wood products, dirt, toxic or hazardous waste, etc.….) the poly-cart will not be emptied.
- Only household trash that is bagged and inside the poly-cart will be picked up. Any bagged or non-bagged trash outside, on top of, or that has fallen out of poly-cart will not be picked up.
- After your poly-cart is emptied you need to secure it on your premises.
- No liquids such as paint and motor oil should be in the poly-cart.
If a replacement or additional poly-cart is needed, please contact the office.
Green waste and bulky household waste disposal is included in your solid waste package at NO additional charge.
Customers have the option of self-haul or a contracted haul deliverer. Contracted haul delivery fees are at the expense
of the customer and not Lincoln County Solid Waste. *See list below for a list of contracted haulers.
Lincoln County Solid Waste Clean-Up Days Schedule:
4/23/22 Loma Grande Compactor Site (HWY 37)
5/14/22 Lincoln Pageant Grounds
5/21/22 Carrizozo (Lucky’s)
6/04/22 Capitan Fairgrounds
6/25/22 Nogal Compactor Site
7/09/22 Hondo Dumpsters (Senior Center Site)
7/23/22 Rancho Ruidoso Valley Estates (Waste Water Treatment Site)
8/06/22 Glencoe Compactor Site
8/20/22 White Oaks Fire Station
9/10/22 Sonterra Compactor Site
9/24/22 Loma Grande Compactor Site (HWY 37)
10/15/22 Lincoln Pageant Grounds
LARGE, BULKIER HOUSEHOLD ITEM DISPOSAL FOR LINCOLN COUNTY SOLID WASTE CUSTOMERS IN THE UNINCORPORATED AREAS OF THE COUNTY.
TIRES, BATTERIES AND LIQUIDS ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR THE COUNTY CLEAN-UP DAYS.
!!ACCOUNTS MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING TO PARTICIPATE!!
FOR THOSE RESIDENTS INSIDE CITY LIMITS OF CARRIZOZO, CAPITAN, RUIDOSO, RUIDOSO DOWNS, PLEASE CALL GREENTREE SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY FOR A SCHEDULE OF THEIR CLEAN-UP DAYS.
RESIDENTS OF ALTO LAKES WATER AND SANITATION DISTRICT, CORONA, AND SUN VALLEY WILL NEED TO CONTACT THEIR SOLID WASTE PROVIDERS FOR THEIR SCHEDULE.
**Please DO NOT leave these items by the compactors, by the dumpsters, or on the side of the road. This is considered ILLEGAL DUMPING and will be reported to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department.
All green waste and bulky waste should be tarped during delivery and transported to Sierra Contracting Inc.
26440 Hwy 70 East
Ruidoso Downs, NM
Hours of Operation
8:00 am – 5:00 pm M-F
8:00 am – 12:00 noon Sat.
Call for Holiday Hours
- You must provide a copy of your Lincoln County residential solid waste bill. If you do not have or are unable to locate a bill, please call Lincoln County Solid Waste and have your name and account number sent to Sierra Contracting as an approved customer prior to delivering your waste. You must call in advance and during normal business hours for prior approval. Normal business hours for Lincoln County Solid Waste are Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Upon arrival at Sierra Contracting, follow directional signs to the office and check in with the attendant.
- After signing a delivery ticket at the gate, you will be instructed where to unload.
Green Waste Roll-off Rates
Lincoln County Solid Waste Customers Only
(Rates are for clean Green Waste Only. Roll-offs contaminated with other types of waste will be charged at the rates for Construction and Demolition material.)
10 CY Container- $95.00 (Covers delivery and pickup when full and 5 days of container rent.)
The rent is @ $2.50 per day thereafter, disposal fee included.
30 CY Container- $125.00 (Covers delivery and pickup when full and 5 days of container rent.)
The rent is @ $4.50 per day thereafter, disposal fee included.
NOTE: An additional delivery fee may be applied for areas north of Angus Hill or any other areas more than 10 miles from Sierra Contracting’s facility in Ruidoso Downs.